Bible Class Worksheets Revamped


We have found it helpful to have an independent activity for early arrivals.  You can read our original post HERE.

After recently moving into our new building, I decided to update ALL of my worksheets and revamp my storage method.  I decided to change the size of the worksheets from 11 x 17 sized paper to 8.5 x 11 cardstock to allow for easier storage.  I used a book like this one to make the bulk of my worksheets.

I also wanted to categorize my worksheets so I could easily discern the topic.  The easiest solution was to break the categories down in the manner that we teach and color code them.

Here are the categories and color codes:

Pastel = General Bible (Books of the Bible etc.)
Yellow = Creation - Joshua 
Orange = Judges - Malachi
Lime Green = Gospels
Blue = Acts
Hot Pink = Letters - Revelation

This makes pulling the appropriate worksheets much easier.  Therefore, if I want to do a more concentrated review on events from the book of Acts I just flip to the blue section of my notebook! It also allows me to expand my ever-growing collection of fun worksheets into multiple notebooks. Eventually I plan to have a notebook for each color.  :)  Having things organized by color make me soooo happy!


Each colored worksheet is slipped into a sheet protector with the "original" copy behind it.  I label the original with a yellow highlighter in the upper right hand corner.   This makes filing the colored worksheet cards so easy and makes it super quick to flip through your notebook and see if you are missing any! By keeping the original behind the colored sheet, it also allows me to make additional worksheets for other Bible class teachers, or myself if my existing ones are showing signs of wear and tear.  


On the back side of the same page protector I have a completed answer key.  (see below) This allows me to check the biblical accuracy of the worksheet and determine if it is too easy/difficult for our age group.  You may also notice additional papers paper-clipped in the front pocket of the notebook.  This is where I file "worksheets to be made". 


All worksheets are stored in a notebook labeled with editable binder covers purchased from Schoolgirl Style. (apologies for the glare!)

We continue to laminate the worksheets, making them reusable for many years to come.  The students write on them with vis-a-vis pens and the worksheets are wiped clean with a damp paper towel or baby wipe after each class.

Below is a photo showing worksheets ready for early arriving students.  Our Bible class begins at 9:30 a.m. and I take these up promptly at 9:35.  Some of my latecomers have even complained that they never get to complete one!  It is a great motivator to tell the children to remind their parents to get them to class a few minutes earlier. 


What early arrival activities do you offer for Bible class?  We'd love to hear your ideas! 






0 comments